We believe homework is the necessary support to continue practicing what your student learned during the day; however, we do value your family’s time and respect that you may have other commitments throughout the week. Therefore, please understand the following guidelines for homework can be adjusted to fit your schedule. Each student is required 4 reading assignments and 4 word work assignments each week. Those can be divided across different nights of the week (simply write a quick note to your student’s teacher, as the assignments are checked each morning).
- Homework is posted on the 2nd Grade Calendar every day. Please check the calendar for the most up-to-date assignment.
- Second grade homework should take around 30 minutes. If your child is struggling or if homework takes longer than 30 minutes, please STOP, write a quick note to your child’s teacher and/or sign your initials.
- There is Reading and Word Work homework every night, Monday through Thursday.
- Both daily assignments can be found in the labeled composition journals given to students at the beginning of the year.
- The Reading Response Journal and Word Work Journal will be checked every morning for completion.
- Math homework is a way for your student to share what they learned during the day and is simply practice. It is online and downloaded from the 2nd Grade Calendar nightly. This assignment will not be checked daily, but can be used to show your student’s performance within our curriculum.